Sunday, March 28, 2010

Week 11: Muddy

When starting the lectures I had no idea just how little I knew about Access. I had opened it up before but never really done anything with it, and most times when installing Office, I'd uncheck the box for installing Access. New names for rows and columns, and the tables are nothing like I've seen as a table before. This was going to be an entry into foreign territory.

I kind of understood the idea of a primary key. That is what I understand to be the unique object to which all other things are relevant to. Everything else is just describing what is in the primary key. However I am using Office 2010, and getting to the default design view that I saw in your lectures was a trial in itself. It defaults to database and didn't realize that there were 4 different types of views. Then you get to the different types of data that can go into the fields. Access obviously has a lot of features, most of which I'll probably never learn. However I did make sure to play some Access games http://www.happy2-island.com/e/access.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment