Sunday, March 21, 2010

Week 10: Clear

I never realized before the intricacies of setting up fiber optic cables. Although I have spent many nights hoping for them to reach where I live. I do a lot of downloading, usually have a couple torrents going at any certain time, and to keep my uploading ratio even close to my downloading ratio is a serious chore. My ability to upload is at about 60kb/s compared to the 1.5mb/s that I'm downloading at.

Google realizes that a lot more things could happen if everyone had better internet connections and that's why they're putting Gigabit connections in a city somewhere in america and see how it affects life there and what benefits people put it to use. http://www.google.com/appserve/fiberrfi/public/options is the place where cities, and the people that live in them can apply.

I remember finally moving from dial-up to cable back in elementary school, and the difference in my ability to find and retrieve all types of data on the internet was greatly expanded. Now I've got multiple routers in my apartment, running over a dozen computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment