Sunday, March 21, 2010

Excel Project

During the Excel project, I was originally put-off by the large amount of data to work with. However Excel is unusually user-friendly for database software. It's like it has thought of everything you might need, and put it there. If only other programs were designed so well. I'm using Office 2010 but I didn't notice any large differences that would change anything.

I already knew most of Excel through previous computing classes, and my own experiences in trying to organize data. I had not used Pivot-tables ever before though, and they are an extremely useful add-on that made sorting the data by your specifications much easier. The ability to just drag things to column or row, and then set them to Average or Sum or whatever you feel is surprisingly comforting. I can rest assured I will be using that function many times in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment