Sunday, January 17, 2010

Week 2: Clear

I could listen to the history of computing for days on end. My subscription to Netflix has been used to watch every documentary it has on the subject of science and history (and the history of science). Most of my time is spent wondering why I'm a Business major instead of History.

The progression of computer technology was a nice refresher, and I chuckled when he noted the statistics of a modern day computer, and even though the power point was only a few years old I imagine, the stats were horribly out of date.

On the computer coding schemes side, the reasoning behind the hexadecimal system was an interesting note. EBCDIC is something new to me altogether, but UTF-8 is something I found out quickly after connecting to the Internet. Whenever someone would type something with an apostrophe and it would show a c instead of the ' I learned to set my browser to read in UTF-8. I've been learning Python as a hobby for the last couple months, and better learning these coding schemes should help me along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment