Sunday, April 4, 2010

Week 12: Muddy

Two muddy posts in two weeks. I didn't quite understand all the different planning systems that Systems Analysts use. That would not be a good career for me if you have to do so much planning. Call it a personality flaw, but I've never been one for well-thought out planning.

The change management idea was kind of muddy as well. I understood that changes are difficult to make, one of the reasons why IE6 is still ~20% of internet users I've read is that companies have been too lazy to upgrade their intranets to work with anything but that. I can also understand that there can be a lot of 'noise' when the commands come down from the top, through middle management to the main workforce. Most of the time at my job, the only way I hear of rule changes is through other employees warning me. Sometimes they get things wrong and it just makes the situation worse. Properly informing people is definitely important when making major changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment