Sunday, April 4, 2010

Access Project

I had never used Access before doing this project. I understand why Databases are more useful than just plain spreadsheets, but for this project I could have done it a lot easier in Microsoft Excel personally. The queries and reports gave me the most problems. Getting things to filter and sort properly took a lot of trial and error. Still not entirely sure I did that part correct actually. The form worked, but seemed to add the new members to the queries section, not the original table. I think that may be because I had selected the queries group when I made the form.

If you couldn't tell already, I do not have much of a knack for Access yet, and I'm still not sure of all its' functionality so my ability to upgrade this database would be limited. I guess the ability to auto-add the join date into the database, instead of manually typing it would be one improvement. Maybe you could hide non-essential information from the employees as to prevent abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment